Georgia at a glance
Georgia is a sovereign state in the Caucasus region of Eurasia.
Located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe, it is bounded to the west by the Black Sea, to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and to the southeast by Azerbaijan. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi.
- Population: 4,469,200 (2011 estimate)
- Area: 69’700 km2 | 26,911 sq mi
- Currency: Georgian Lari (GEL)
- GDP (PPP): Total: USD 23,934 bln; GDP per Capita: USD 5,449 (estimate 2011)
- GDP (Nominal): Total: USD 12,855 bln; GDP per Capita: USD 2,927 (estimate 2011)
- Fitch Rating B (Short term), BB- (Long term)
- Standard & Poor’s: BB-
- Moody’s rating: Ba3/Stable